On Seeking Christ
(Back to My Mormon / LDS Talks and Lessons)
This talk suggests that the best way to celebrate Easter is to seek Christ in our personal lives. We seek Christ by serving others, by living virtuously, and by reforming our nature through repentance. Given in the Easter Sacrament Meeting of the Sterling Park Ward on Sunday 12 April 2009.
On Seeking Christ
A Talk Given in the Easter Sacrament Meeting of the
Sterling Park Ward, Ashburn, VA Stake
By D. Calvin Andrus, Bishop
12 April 2009, Version 0.1
This talk is released under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute, display, and perform this talk/lesson
- to Remix — to adapt or make derivative works of this talk/lesson
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute this talk to me by my name, by talk/lesson title, by source (wiki.acadac.net), by date, and by version number (if available).
- Please send me an email and tell me how you used this talk/lesson.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to the following web page.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder (me).
- Apart from the remix rights granted under this license, nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
Today we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This holiday is the most sacred of the year. We have been inspired, moved, and uplifted by the beautiful choir program. Thank you Sister Clark, Sister Donnelly, Sister Andrus, and the choir members for your service in helping us praise the Lord this afternoon.
On the morning of the resurrection, a group of women including a woman named Salome ([http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mark/16/1-2 Mark 16:1-2), a woman named Joanna ([http://scriptures.lds.org/en/luke/24/10 Luke 24:10), Mary the mother of James, and Mary of Magdala got up early visit the tomb.
To this I bear my personal witness. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.